Tuesday 21 March 2017

Introducing Tamara Buckler....



My name is Tamara (but my friends call me Tam) I’m a thirty-something wifey and mumma of two beautiful girls. We live in a small rural village called Ulong, about 35kms west off Coffs Harbour. I love anything sweet and crafty and pretty, and spend much of my down time elbow deep in paper, paint and glue!

What inspires you to create:

I scrap not so much as a memory keeping exercise, but as a way to satisfy my need to be creative. Of course, I scrap about my daughters, our family and our day to day life, but for me its more about combining different colours and patterns, playing with different mediums, and working within a design framework to create a result that is both visually pleasing and creatively satisfying. Because of this I tend to gain a lot of inspiration from the world around us, different home décor trends, magazine layouts or advertisements, mood boards etc. I also love Pinterest, YouTube and the online scrapbooking community for inspiration. 

Favourite type of crafting: 

I am primarily a scrapbooking, and like to experiment with mixed media within my layouts. I have always scrapped in a 12x12 format but am finding I am loving 8.5x11 at the moment. I also scrap in an art journal, and am trying my hand at travellers notebooks. 


Where do you scrap:

I'm an awful mumma, and make my kids share a room so that I can have space to scrap . Lucky for them we are in the process of building a house, so they get their own room, and I got my own purpose built scrap space!! Yay!! 


Why do you love getting the subscription kits: 

There's so many reasons why I love subscription kits! Getting a monthly delivery of scrapbooking goodies, that you've already budgeted for, is always a bonus. Plus you can get your hands on all the new products, which we know in Aus can be a struggle! And, it can be a good way to get inspired, and to sometimes step out of your scrappy comfort zone. Its a win all round really!


You can find my work here:






2 comments: