Monday 22 May 2017

Petticoats & Pinstripes by Sarah Rosse

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with two layouts using the fabulous Echo Park Paper Co Petticoats & Pinstripes Collection. With the majority of my layouts with my two sons in them, I found this collection to be so versatile - perfect for boy layouts, great for adventures but would also be fantastic for travel photos. The Collection can be purchased in store here.

For this first layout 'You are my star", I used a sketch as the foundation for my design. I often enjoy googling 'scrapbook layout sketches' and see what design ideas may inspire my next layout. Whilst my layout never ends up the same as the sketch, I find they are a good starting point to get my creative juices flowing and are great if I am stuck on getting started.

For this layout, I like how the four triangles come together to centre on the page and the photo and paper clusters to the side of it. I added the embellishments in the top right hand corner to balance the layout. You may notice that the 'You are my star' title forms the third point in a visual triangle on this layout - a design element I usually aim for. Lets take a closer look at this title using the Petticoats & Pinstripes sticker sheet.
The second layout 'Love my boy' as pictured below was completed on cardstock from my statsh, again using papers from the Petticoat & Pinstripe collection. I layered a number of the off cuts from the first layout (I dont like to waste anything!) and again used the sticker sheet for the words 'My Boy'. The word 'LOVE" is from the We R Memory Keepers High Five collection.
The border at the left of the layout is also from the Petticoats & Pinstripes sticker sheet, as is the rocket that I have mounted on some cardboard to give some dimension. I used a little tag from my stash to add some journalling - I dont often add journalling to my layouts, but I am trying to be more mindful of doing so to capture those stories for the future.
Thanks for joining me and be sure to check out the other AMAZING design team creations on the Shop and Crop blog.

3 comments:

  1. These two layouts look wonderful Sarah, what great papers for little boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts Sarah, great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool designs, I love the big triangles

    ReplyDelete