Saturday 27 May 2017

'Sweet' by Elisa Ablett

Hi Shop and Croppers!

Elisa here from the design team with my take on this months 'tic tac toe' challenge. I decided to go diagonally across the board - stamping, embossing powder and cardstock.

Don't forget when ordering from Shop and Crop Scrapbooking you can use the code EA5 for a discount at the checkout.




Here is my layout - feminine with a gorgeous colour combination of pinks, golds and yellow.



I have a little step by step tutorial on how I created the flower embellishments on my page.


Step 1 - Using a good quality watercolour paper, stamp and embossing powder (Lindy's Embossing Powder in white).


Step 2 - Cover your stamp with embossing liquid or use an embossing stamp pad and heat emboss your stamped image.


Step 3 - repeat until you have stamped, embossed and heat set at least 5 to 6 flowers.


Step 4 - Open your tin of Prima Watercolour Pans - shimmering lights and using a spray bottle and paintbrush add colour to your stamped images. Spray your stamped image first with water. Add water to your chosen colour on your palette and using a wet paint brush move it around your stamped image. The embossing creates a resist effect for the watercolour.


Step 5 - Keep adding colour to your flowers, then once dry, splatter your flowers with gold splatter and fussy cut them out. Splatter your layout with the same gold splatter - I used a combination of Bling Colour Blast Shimmer Spray and watered down shimmering colour.



Here are some close ups of the finer details :-)






Here are some of the products used to create this layout. All available from the shop today ...









Colour Blast Shimmer Spray-Bling





3 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so gorgeous! I love the flowers and what an adorable photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this technique years ago and totally forgot all about it, thank you so much for your great tutorial and refreshing my memory can't wait to go try some.

    ReplyDelete