Saturday 24 June 2017

Dream & Soon to be Mummy

Hello everyone, well here we are nearly to the end of June and half a year just about gone.  My first layout was for the challenge this month and as I had a male layout I chose to use a Die Cut from my Silhouette Machine.



I first applied a thin layer of white gesso to the background of the Kaisercraft Indigo Skies PP, I then sprayed lightly over it with mist , machined stitched the edges of the page and used a star stencil with Faber Castell Whipped Spackle coloured with Mica Powder.





 I matted my larger photo to set behind the cut file and I cut two identical photos in a smaller size for added interest on the bottom of the page.  I punched some tiny stars in pink to splatter them across the layout.  For a bit of dimension I used mounting tape and dots to lift the camera and journaling strips.

Here's the challenge sketch at Shop and Crop Scrapbooking .


**************************************
Now for my second layout today.  

I chose Pink Paislee Oh My Heart PP and stickers for this bright layout. 


I chose white cardstock for the background, added a border of the Pink Paislee PP's and then applied Ranger Distress Oxide Ink  through a circle stencil to mimic the circles on the paper.  I thought my photo and elements would look good with a pop of black so matted most things with black cardstock.  One of the papers called for fussy cutting so my cluster has some pieces I cut from that paper.  I backed the beautiful bronze embellishments with black and finished the layout with a few sequins.  The title is made of alphas from my stash.





You may have noticed some blurring on my painted circles (I made an error trying to spray with water and it ran), so I suggest if you want nice crisp images with Distress Oxide inks that you seal them with a fixer or hairspray so they don't react with water. 

Thanks for staying to the end of my post and if you'd like a discount from the Shop and Crop Store use the code SS5.










1 comment: