Tuesday 25 July 2017

Add some Sparkle! Getting creative with the July Mood board

Hello everybody!

It's Donna here, and I've been having fun getting covered in glitter as I look at the July moodboard. 
As I mentioned in my last post, there are so many different ways you can take a mood board, and todayI thought I'd go a little more left of centre with some cards based on just one of the pictures on the board.

At the centre bottom of the board is that picture with the 'Follow your Dreams' sentiment, and the sparkling lights. Even with this one picture, there are many ways you could go. The lovely rounded diamond shape of the picture would make a great collage for a card or scrapbook project. The Bokeh effect that the lights give would also make a great launching point. I have not used either of these ideas though, and have instead used the idea of dreams and the wonderful sparkle that this picture has as my inspiration.


This first card uses a journaling card from the Crate Paper 'Cute Girl' collection, as well as some sparkly washi and sequins. I added further sparkle by Gold embossing the 'Remember' tag from the Kaisercraft 'Limelight' stamp. This card also includes the button from the Echo Park 'Once Upon a Time Prince' Brads collection. Some gold staples completed the card.


Next, I added sparkle by using Gold paint to paint a stamped image. This could be done with these colour shimmer cubes. Once the image was painted, I flicked on some more gold paint, (because more is more, am I right?) and gold embossed the sentiment.




Finally, I used my all time favourite cute girl vellum and added sequins and a sentiment that I die cut from gold glitter paper to make the final card. This card is very sparkly indeed, and I think captures some of the celebratory spirit of the Mood board photo.

 Here's a closer look at all that sparkle!

If you have enjoyed these cards, and would like to see more of my work, feel free to visit my Instagram page, where you can find lots more cards.

Don't forget, you can save $5 at the Shop and Crop Store using the code DL5.Until next time, happy crafting. I wish you a day that is full of sparkle!


Donna


2 comments: