Sunday 20 August 2017

August Cropaholic kit - 1 cut, 2 cards

Hello crafty friends!

It's Donna here, and I'm hoping the weather is better wherever you are than here in Gippsland. As I made these cards, the temperature clawed its way up to 5 degrees by mid afternoon, and hail was falling!  A perfect day to stay inside in my happy place and make cards, I'd say!

I've used two of the gorgeous papers from this month's Cropaholic kit. This month's kit has a beautiful collection of papers from Jillibean Soup, as well as a whole bunch of stickers, ephemera and other goodies. 
I first used alphabet dies to cut the word 'Thank You' from the pink paper. I mounted this with dimensional tape on the gorgeous floral paper. Once this was done, I carefully stuck the centres of the A and O into their holes using teeny tiny pieces of dimensional tape. 
Next, because the front of the card was fairly plain, I added some of the lovely cutouts from the kit,  placing them to draw the eye diagonally down the card. The flowers are a wonderful complement to the floral paper behind, and of course being from the same kit, the colours match perfectly. I also added two thin strips of the teal spotted paper from the kit for some contrast. 




Here's a close up of the depth that can be achieved with the dimensional adhesive.


Next, I used the pink letters that I had cut out, stuck them onto a piece of the floral paper, thus creating a card that was the reverse of the first. Unlike the other card, which needed some additions, this card started out very busy, and needed to be toned down. First, I had to make sure the words stood out against the busy background, so I used my copic markers (R85 and R81) to deepen the colour on the pink paper I then outlined the letters in black before adding a layer of glitter using Wink of Stella and a layer of Glossy Accents. I also added the black strip and sentiment to ground the card and add a contrasting element. 


I've included some closeups to give you an idea of the shine and dimension that the glitter and glossy accents gives to the letters.




Hopefully this will give you some more ideas of what to do with the beautiful papers in the kit, for those of you who are lucky enough to be subscribers.
The Cropaholic kits are available either as a subscription, which gives you a saving each month, or as a one off, until stocks run out. If you'd like a further saving, just use the code DL5 to give you an extra $5 off. 
Until next time, happy crafting. May your days be sunny and warm!
Feel free to have a peek at my other cards if you are interested.
Donna


2 comments: