Sunday 22 October 2017

September Kaisercraft Kit

Hi guys, Tanya here!

I got the chance to play with the Kaisercraft kit from September, using the "Letters to Santa" range.
First up, i decided to really have some fun and see if i could use Christmas papers for a non-christmas papers, i think it works, what do you think??


 I chose all the deep burgundy papers and ripped layers avoiding anything that screamed CHRISTMAS!!, and kept the pallet to Burgundy, black and red with touches of white.

 I used the brick pattern for the background and used black gesso to create a dark background behind where i wanted the photo to be,

Then i built up layers using my papers that i had ripped up. For more texture i used some diecuts from the papers cut on my sizix and some clear gel medium and a Kaisercraft 6x6 stencil "Roses"
Then i fussy cut the red roses from some of the papers

Next i went traditional and did a simple layout featuring a photo of my daughters first Christmas




So there it is... just because you have Christmas Papers, doesn't always mean you have to do a Christmas layout, just have fun and think outside the Box!!

Products used
September Kaisercraft Kit
Finnabair Heavy Black Gesso
Kaisercraft Roses Stencil

Thats all from me for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment