Sunday 10 December 2017

It's a time for giving (and receiving)...

Happy December Scrappy Friends,

I'm here today to share with you some Christmas Cards and Tags I made for the Shop and Crop December 'Show us Christmas Craft' Challenge.


I don't always get a chance to make Christmas cards, so this challenge was great motivation to just get them done! I even made time to make some gift tags!! The paper I have used in these cards is from an old Kaisercraft paper pad that I have been hoarding for years, because I love the addition of pink and mint to traditional Christmas green and red.


I love how these turned out! I feel that even though they paper is older, I have managed to make them modern and funky by using Kraft cardstock, and by including black stamping, ink and B&W twine.

 

My sentiments on these cards are stamps from the Whimsical Words set by Darkroom Door.  This is a great way to save money on your stamps, or get more use out of them, because these stamps are not Christmas specific and I will be able to use them for many more projects. I also included some of the High Five Thickers that I shared with you on a previous post to one of my cards, and I love the grunginess this brings, and also helps to stretch those resources further.


The tags I made continue the feel of the Christmas cards, and I plan on pairing them with brown/kraft wrapping paper before they go under our tree. I added some extra background stamps from my stash on some of these, but also used the Whimiscal Words stamps to make a background. They are super cute and funky!


In the spirit of receiving today, I wanted to share with you a layout that I have created with the December Kaisercraft Kit, some of you will be lucky enough to be receiving this in your mail box soon! This layout is not one that is included in the kit and is a little bit of an extra sneak peak for those subscribers!



I have added a few extra things from my stash for this one including some Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Bachelor Button Blue and Mission Bells Brown, some older Thickers and a Charms Creations arrow.

This is an awesome kit, it's fabulous for documenting travels around Australia, whether that be long trips (like our 18 mths!), roadtrips, or weekends away. We have included the instructions for three layouts with the kit, and even after making this additional page, I still have so much to work with! It's fantastic value, and has really prompted me to scrap those Aussie travel pics.

I hope you all have a fabulous December and I'll be back to share with you again before Christmas.

Big Loves,
Tam xo





No comments:

Post a Comment