Sunday 12 February 2017

Happy Baby Girl

Hello crafty friends! Sarah here with you for my first post of February! Seems like it was just Christmas yesterday...time flies! I realise just how quickly time has flown when I was looking through the many baby photos I have of myself to create this layout!
This layout was created with the February challenge in mind - here is it. I used the line of patterned paper, sequins and wooden veneer.

Using the gorgeous Carta Bella 'It's a girl' collection by Lauren Passage, I wanted to use some of the photos of myself given I have two boys at home. Using a piece of white cardstock from Kaisercraft as the base, this simple layout was created using many circles that highlighted the wooden veneer baby themed pieces. The Carta Bella collection can be purchased in store by clicking here. There are also a range of other products in the 'It's a girl' line - washi tape, enamel dots etc.

I doodled around each die cut circle with a Dylusions paint pen. These can be purchased as a two pack - one in white linen, one black marble in store. These pens are designed for writing, journalling and doodling on most surfaces. They are great for your art journal or tags and are compatible with Dylusions Paints and ink sprays.

I finished off the layout with a stamped title and some sequins. The range of sequins available in store can be seen here. Here are some close up shots;
Given I had some of that gorgeous patterned paper left, I decided to also make a baby card. A colleague at work has just welcomed her first baby grad daughter into the world and I wanted to make her a little card to say congratulations. The wooden veneer pieces sat nicely on this die cut frame I had in my stash and I added a stamped sentiment. I inked the edges of the card base with distress ink in Picked Raspberry and it's done!
I hope you enjoyed these projects...until next time!

1 comment: