Tuesday 29 August 2017

AUGUST CROP KIT - Lifes a Beach & Life is Sweet!!

Hello there, 
How is your day going? The days are flying by and soon we will be into Spring..  The warmer days and the colors of Spring make Spring one of my favourite times of the year!
However, I received some gorgeous papers that took my winter blues away in the form of the AUGUST CROP KIT which is a one off purchase which you can find in the SHOP AND CROP SCRAPBOOKING STORE HERE!!!  This is an amazing kit with colorful summery papers and lots of die cuts and embellishments in the ephemera pack to choose from.  I have two layouts to share with you and the first one has some simple instructions for you to create a layout too.

Everything I used is in the kit except for some old cardboard that I put under my photo for some dimension..  or foam tape would work too..

This is the layout that I created.

Life's a beach..


The photo I have used was taken at the Warwick Resort Fiji, so any of your beach holiday or travel photos would be fabulous for this layout..

Cut the strip off Item#2838 Cabana. I will be making a frame from this paper. Measure 6 cms around on each side making the marks on the pink stripey side, I am using the leaf side of this paper.

Using a craft knife or a box cutter cut carefully along the lines to create the frame for the layout. The middle section can be kept for another project.


Lightly distress and ink the inside edges of the frame.

I am using the Item #2341 Pool Party as the base of the frame, the green side. So to use the paper efficiently  I will cut out the outside and this will give  a frame to use on another layout. So I will do what I did before and measure 5cms around the Item#2341 Pool Party on the stripey side. Just to test that it will fit under the leaf frame lay the Pool Party paper under the leaf frame and make sure I can't see any marked lines.




Cut out carefully, and I am using the green side of the paper on this layout.
Run some thin double sided tape around the edge of the green paper.



Adhere under the frame. This is what the base will looked like.

I adhered some old cardboard under my photo and this was placed in the middle of my page.  I cut the large gold dot flower in half to place half on the top of my photo and the other half on the bottom right of my photo. I cut a strip of hessian 15 cms long and then in half width ways..  Pull some strands of hessian to add a distressed look. Tuck the hessian slightly under the photo along the bottom of the photo. Cut approx 8 cms of the string for each tag and add to the tags.  I added some journalling to the journal spot as well as a shell chipboard and also used a strand of hessian and made a bow. Add some banners on the side, a hibiscus flower and leaves on the right bottom of your photo, and some chipboard around your photo..

And some close ups to show details.




And a reminder of the finished layout..

Life's a beach.

The second layout I have created using this fabulous Kit uses the green frame left over from the first layout which is put on a piece of white cardstock from the Kit. I cut 4 rectangle pieces of paper from Item#2839 Summer Fun 4cms by 18cms and used two of each side. These 4 pieces of paper were placed evenly spaced in the middle of the page and then my photo was placed in the centre of the  layout. The layout  was embellished using die cuts and  items from the ephemera pack.  The products that I used that were not in the Kit was glitter glue, a flower punch, foam tape, an edge punch and a black marker.

Some closer views.
A cluster of embellishments..

Is that Flamingo cute or what!!?? The flowers were created using a flower punch and papers from Item#2837 Feeling Good.

Check out that cool ribbon!!!

Life is sweet!
I have used a black marker pen to outline the edges of the papers to make them stand out more. Such summery and pretty papers in this kit..  There is still more product left and I will share with you what else I create in my next blog post..  You can purchase this wonderful Kit at the SHOP AND CROP SCRAPBOOKING SHOP - HERE!!! And remember to pop the code LC5 on your order for a sweet discount of $5.00.

Have a happy scrappy day!




3 comments:

  1. These are both GORGEOUS! LOVING the photos and love love love those flamingos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! These layouts are so gorgeous Lizzy!! Love the bg paper on the travel page .. perfect for that amazing photo! The 2nd page is my fave though. Beautiful photo of your sweet DD and I adore those cute flamingos. Stunning work as always!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete