Tuesday 7 November 2017

'Heart' and 'Be You' by Elisa Ablett

Hi Shop and Croppers,

Elisa here from the design team for Shop and Crop with my latest layouts, a mixed media layout based on the November moodboard and a colourful mixed media layout using the flowers I made using the Tinby Designs - Colour Crush Powders.

We would love to see your entry to the latest challenge - here is the link!





Here is my layout - you can see that i used the colour scheme and tried to pick up the texture from the moodboard by using Prima Pebbles.





A great technique for you to try is to stick old paper flowers down over your wet background and soak up the liquid leave them to dry and they will stick to the background without using glue. Then add splatters of your chosen colours over the flowers.



I then added some coloured cotton and art pebbles by Prima ( i glued the pebbles down).


add your photo and gesso'd chipboard and you are finished.




and here is my second layout - using loads of products from the store plus pieces from the  october-2017-cropaholic-kit-one-off-purchase.

This fab kit has 
  • 1 x Flutterby Flawsome Collection Kit
  • 1 Scrap Fx Stencil
  • 1 pot of Colourblast Envy Shimmer Paste
  • 1 pot of Lovely Lilac Embossing Powder
  • assorted fibre pack
  • 4 pieces of kaisercraft cardstock

I used pieces from the Kit, plus my flowers, a die cut and the background was created using two fantastic colours from the new 




I created the large poppy flowers by using the techniques I demonstrated in my technique video the link is below.




Once I had stamped my flowers and let them dry I then fussy cut them out to use on my layout. I layered them using 3D mounting tape and splattered watered down Dylusions Cut Grass paint over the flowers to tie it into the background.




Here are some close ups!





Dylusion Paint - Peony Blush
Dylusions Paint - Cut Grass



Blood Orange Color Crush Watercolour
Raspberry Color Crush Watercolour




Thanks for stopping by the blog today, don't forget if you visit the shop to use the code EA5 at the checkout to receive your special discount !

Elisa

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment