Sunday 5 November 2017

Life

Hello,
 
Its Deena here today sharing my process on an art journal page that I created just recently for the current challenge we have running in the Shop and Crop Scrapbooking Facebook page.
 
Here is the mood board, so much inspiration, it was hard to choose where to go.
 
I had fun with this process and I loved the way the background turned out.
 
I wanted to use the whole of the stencil so I place my watercolour paper on my mat and then placed the stencil where I wanted it. Then using painters tape I taped down the stencil close to the edge of my paper. This not only kept the stencil in place but also my paper. 
 Here is the fully stencilled page.

Next I added colour. I had certainly colours that I wanted to use so I put the colour on my mat and then added it with a paint brush. First I sprayed my page with water so that once I added the colour it would run in all directions. I kept my page gently wet, so that the colours would keep mixing together when they got close. Once I was happy with the colours I dried them off with my heat gun.
 
Close ups
 
To add another layer to my page I did some stamping, it is very light. Between inking my stamp and stamping it onto my art journal I stamped on a scrap of paper first to take some of the ink away.

My next step was too splash some pink onto the page, the same pink you saw on the butterflies and quote in the first photo of my post. The funny thing is that on the purple and blue once dried it was a silver shimmer. Not what I was expecting but all ok.
 
Close up view
 
Once my page was completely dried I added the quote which I typed and printed from the computer, punched the butterflies from a piece of tissue paper and then colour all of them.
 
Would love to see what you create so please follow the link above to our facebook group.
 
Happy Creating
 

No comments:

Post a Comment