Sunday 24 December 2017

I {heart} Maggie Holmes Carousel by Tamara Buckler

Hi there scrappy friends,

Tamara here today to share with you my last couple of layouts for 2017! Gosh, this year has flown by! I'm not sure if you managed to get your hands on the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Carousel Collection Bundle when Kylie had it in the shop, but I did and I am in love!! This collection is so fun and playful, and the colours are divine! 

The first layout that I am sharing today is just a silly photo of my unicorn-loving Little Miss. The background paper is from the Carousel paper pad, and I applied some Gesso to this using a store card. Once this was dry I added some Dylusions paints in Vibrant Turquoise and Rose Quartz using the packaging technique and lots of water. 


I layered up some other papers from the paper pad behind my photo, and then built my clusters to the left and right. On the right hand side I used a heap of tags, frames and tickets from the ephemera to create some layers, and used the 'delightful day' banner as a resting place for the enamel unicorn which was my main focus for this cluster. I added some puffy stars and hearts to finish of the cluster. 

The second cluster to the left of the photo got much of the same treatment, as well as some added chipboard elements. 


To finish off the layout I built my title. It says 'Be the Unicorn in the field of Horses' - which I think is a great sentiment around being our crazy selves. I finished off this page my splattering Heidi Swapp Colourshine and Dylusions Ink all over the place.


The second layout I'm sharing with you today is using the same collection, as well as one other sheet of paper from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection. This layout is from my nieces 21st birthday party, so really worked with the fun, celebratory themes of the Carousel collection.



I started this layout with some plain white cardstock from Kaisercraft, and used the Chasing Dreams paper on the bottom third of the page. The photo is matted with a couple of pieces from the Carousel paper pad. The embellishments are a mixture of ephemera and chipboard from the Carousel Collection.



The 'YAY' that I have used for the title comes from the ephemera pack, and tears apart like tickets, so I distressed the edges to accentuate this and used foam tape to lift them off the page.

This page was also finished off with some Gold Stars from the ephemera pack and some gold Heidi Swapp Colourshine. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my layouts today. I hope you have a lovely Christmas with those you hold dear. Catch you in the New Year!

Big loves
Tam xo




No comments:

Post a Comment