Thursday 18 January 2018

Using up the leftovers

Hello everybody!
I'm loving the summer holidays, and the little bit of extra space it brings to my life. I've been making plenty of cards, and today I have two to show you that use up some pieces that I had left over from the August 2017 Cropaholic kit



For the first card I was trying to think like a scrapbooker, and cluster my elements. I used all the smallest pieces, and grouped them around a circle to give the card some structure. I spattered the card base A LOT before starting to lay out the elements. I'm still deciding how I feel about that much busyness on the background as I usually work Clean and Simple.
Here's a closer look at the card.

Next, I used a single piece of paper from the kit to be the background for a card. 



Because the rest of the card was all white, I wanted to add some interest to the paper, so I chose to do an ombre look. I used Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide to darken the top portion of the card, and white pigment ink to lighten the bottom. I love the effect this gave, and will definitely be doing it again.

Finally, a quick look at (some of) the aftermath. Does anybody else's desk look like this when their done with crafting? I guess I know what I'll be doing next! 

If you are interested in seeing more cards, you can find me on Instagram.
We'd love to see what you've made with your leftovers, so share any projects you have in the Facebook groups.
I look forward to creating for you again!
Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment