Tuesday 23 January 2018

One design, two ways - By Tamara Buckler

Hi All,

As we watch all the new product releases coming out from Creativation, I am on a bit of a kick to use more of what I have to make room for more new products. I guess you could call it a stash bust! I love working with different ranges, and making them come together. And I also love scrapping in different sizes, and this is what I am here to share with you today - taking one layout design and making it work for two different size layouts.


The first layout that I am sharing with you is a traditional 12x12 using the Kaisercraft Christmas range called 'Mint Wishes' and the We 'R' Memory Keepers 'High Five' collection. The design is based around this diagonal line between the two papers and I love the contrast between them.


The floral elements are fussy cut from the Kaisercraft range, and do a great job of softening the lines between the two papers. Quite a few of the embellishments on this page are from Cocoa Vanilla, including the large frame tucked behind the right of the photo.

 
Most of the alphas used are also from Cocoa Vanilla, combining stickers with Die Cuts is a great way to use up bits and pieces while adding extra interest. 


The second page I'm sharing with you today is a 8.5 x 11 page and is using the same basic design element as the first page, in that it has the diagonal line and contrasting papers. The papers used here are from Maggie Holmes 'Chasing Dreams' and Cocoa Vanilla 'Wild at Heart' collections.


I have used a number of Die Cuts from Cocoa Vanilla to again soften the line between the two papers, this time the scale of the embellishments are a little smaller to suit the smaller page size. The frame behind the photo is also from Cocoa Vanilla, and I have DIY'd a frame from some Pink Fresh Studio paper that I have been hoarding (the little birds are also fussy cut from this paper). These frames are flat, rather than the thicker frame on the first layout, so as to not add too much weight to the page.


Again I mixed the alphas for interest and used up some puffy stickers in my stash. I added in some old chipboard from my stash also.


I love the way these layouts turned out, and I hope I have shown how you can use one design, two ways.

Have a great day, scrappy friends!

Big Loves
Tam x




No comments:

Post a Comment