Friday 8 September 2017

BEACH BABE - August Crop Kit & Creating layers.

Hello there,
Here we are in September, which is Spring! A season I love, a season of color!! And speaking of color I have been creating with a fabulous Kit the AUGUST CROP KIT which can be purchased as a one off kit, which is overflowing with colorful papers and embellishments, perfect for summery layouts!

With the layout I would also like to share the steps I took to create it. I used a 10cm by 15cm landscape photo.
Things I have used that are not in the Kit were a black marker, some old cardboard or foam tape for dimension and  Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks which you can find in the store HERE!!!

I took the white cardstock from the Kit and this was  my back ground page.  I took the pink crayon from the Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks and I literally scribbled all over the plastic bag that the kit came in and then sprayed this with water. I took my white cardstock and dabbed it on the water color on the plastic until I was happy with the shade of pink on my back ground..  Sometimes repeating this step is necessary to get the depth of color that I am after. I let this dry naturally.
I cut a frame from Item #2839 Summer Fun, 3cms on the sides and 4cms on the top and bottom. I placed this frame on my back ground page using the yellow side. I cut a circle from Item#2840 Boardwalk using a circle template, but a small dinner plate works well too.
I then cut strips of paper to layer under my photo which was going in the middle of the circle in the middle of the page.
From Item#2839 I cut a piece 22cms by 6cms, from Item #2837 Feeling Good I cut a strip 18cms by 6cms, from Item #2837 20cms by 6cms and cut a fish tail banner on one end of each of these, ( an upside down V)
Cut a 10cms by 12cms piece of paper from Item2839. I used a black marker to edge each piece of paper.
I adhered the circle in the middle of my page, then the strips of paper overlapping slightly the longest piece of paper on the right going to the shortest piece to the left. Place the yellow piece of paper on the left of the strips under the photo. Then I used the tags and embellishments from the kit around my photo and the fabulous Thickers for my title..

Some closer views.





Beach Babe!

I remember the first time I took my daughter to the beach, she was so unsure of the waves, but once she got used to it, she loved the beach, and digging in the sand was a favorite thing to do!

I also created a fun card with some leftovers!!
Such a fabulous Kit and with summer just around the corner, pop over to the shop for your kit HERE!!!

Just before I finish this post I would like to share with you a technique I use a lot on my layouts, and that is layers.. I love to add layers, it adds dimension and interest to my pages. And it is a great way to use scraps of paper as these can be tucked under your photo for example to add to the visual effect of your page.
I have used papers from Cocoa Vanilla - Wild at Heart and you can see all the wonderful Cocoa Vanilla products in the Shop and Crop Scrapbooking Store HERE!!!!

This is what my desk looks like when I am putting a design together... (please excuse the dirty craft mat!!0
I use strips of paper that I layer over each other.  With all the Kits from the Shop and Crop Scrapbooking store you dont have to worry about whether things will match, the Kits are put together so all that worry is gone. The papers are going to either contrast or compliment each other..

After I have the design roughly put together then I adhere it to my page, and once my photo is put down I add things like fussy cut elements, flair and tags.

And here are some closer views..


I have layered some frames and stickers and papers.. The Butterflies were fussy cut from the papers.



The layers on the tag with die cuts and a flair tucked in just under the tag..



And my layout... Hello Gorgeous!!
 A good thing to remember when designing your layout is to leave white space, or parts of your layout that have no embellishing, as this gives the eye a rest especially if there are busy or heavily embellished places on the page. I hope you have been inspired to use some layers on your layouts, I am sure you will find it becomes a favorite way to scrap too..

Thanks for coming by and make sure you check out whats new in the SHOP AND CROP SCRAPBOOKING STORE HERE!!!

Until next time... Happy creating!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post Lizzy!! I love the first page .. so bright and beautiful and the card made from the leftovers is gorgeous!!!! Your second page is wonderful too. Fantastic layers and gorgeous combination of colour. Two stunning pages and a fabulous card!! Love them all!!! x

    ReplyDelete