Friday 27 October 2017

Blossum, Bloom, Grow

Hello, Deena here with you today.
 
Last months mixed media kit was designed by the super talented Fiona Paltridge, and I got to play with it. Included in the kit were the Faber-Castell colour fizz tablets. There are four different colours to play with but I only used three. I do still have some of each colour left to play with at another time.
 

Normally I would gesso my canvas before I start, but this time I didn't. Using my versamark (not in kit) I stamped the gorgeous prima floral stamp onto my canvas. Using white embossing powder (not included) I created a resist on the canvas. 

Close up view of the embossing as it is a little hard to see in the photo above, white on white is not great until you add colour then it comes alive.

I wet my canvas lightly and then placed the fizz tablet on to the canvas. I decided that it was better to put it on my messy mat and keep it wet that way and use a paint brush to add the colour.

This is the dried canvas, I put down a layer of colour and dried it with my heat gun. Once dried to add a little interest to the back ground using my brush I splash some colour.

Using the two smaller stamps and the cardstock provided I stamped the images and then again heat embossed with white.

Close up view of some of the dried flowers.


 This next step is once of my favourite techniques. Fussy cutting, I find it really relaxing.
 
Once I finished fussy cutting I arranged my flowers onto the back ground and added the three words included in the kit.
 
If you would like to make a purchase in the shop please use the code DO5 for a $5 reduction on your purchases.
 
Our kits are available as once off purchase but to make sure that you never miss out you can subscribe please follow the link to find out more about our kits.
 
Happy Creating

 


No comments:

Post a Comment