Friday 13 October 2017

Lilac Whisper Collection - KaiserCraft

Hello All, its Deena with you on the blog today.

I always love receiving my design team parcel because I never know what's inside, Kylie keeps us all on our toes. One of the bags inside my box held papers and collectables from the KaiserCraft range - Lilac Whisper. It's such a pretty range. Also in the bag was a distress spray stain - milled lavender and paper flowers - coconut.
 
 
When I first say this piece of paper I knew that I needed to enhance the shapes in that top corner and make the card a simple one.
 
The paper that is cut in a circle is the other side of the paper above, how gorgeous are both sides, hard to choose which one to use. The background of this card was created by spraying my mat with the distress stain then stamping my acrylic block into it and smooshing it onto my cardstock, I didn't think the colour was quite right so I used a little bit of watered down gesso and used the same method. I made sure that I dried in between the two layers of wet medium although I probably didn't need to.
 
For this card I used the lilac whisper cardstock and one of the collectables and the distress spray stain but I also used some yummy iridescent creative medium from imagine crafts, and a Scrap Fx stencil - Ripple.
 
For the next couple of cards I really dipped into the mixed media supplies that are sold in the shop.
 
 
 I have to confess when I first received my scribble sticks and played with them I did not like them at all, but this time I gave them more of a chance and created this vibrant background using magenta and blackberry.
To create the two backgrounds I first laid a layer of gesso on my cardstock and while it was still wet I stamped into it with my textured script stamp (has to be one of my favourite stamps I used it on almost everything I create). I them dried my gesso, you really couldn't see the impression of the stamp but once I add the scribble sticks it came to life.
For I little trick that I used - scribble sticks are not permanent, they move with water even after they are dry, so I careful and gentle added a layer of matte medium over the top and now I can add anything I like over the top because the colour is not going to reactivate.
My last step was to add texture with my modeling paste and stencil.
 

Once my texture paste was dry I scribbled night over the top of the paste which I activate with water. Once dry I them added a layer of white gesso over the top using a dry brush. Again using my script stamp I stamp the image in black ink. The next layer was my chipboard which I heat embossed and them added the butterflies from the collectables.

Here is a close up of the card.

Happy Creating
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment