Friday 23 June 2017

Mixed Media Fun!!

Hello There! How is your week going? I hope things are going well for you!

As the blog title suggests, I am creating with some MIXED MEDIA PRODUCTS you can find HERE!!!  There are Sprays and Dusts and Glazes!! So many products to choose from!!

Today I have been playing with some Lindys Stamp Gang Magicals and the color I had was Screamin Banshee black!! Which is part of this set which you can find in the shop HERE!!!!!

I prepped my page with gesso and when that was dry I added torn book paper and random die cuts and plasterers tape..


I then sprinkled the Magical powder very sparingly with a paint brush where I wanted some color to come.


Then I sprayed some water and watched the magic happen!!

I added more sprays of water and tilted my paper from side to side to make some drips.. I added more Magical powder to made some deep color in places..

I allowed it to dry overnight and the next day it had a wonderful sheen!!



Then I added my photo and embellishments. I had another product to try and it was ENAMEL ACCENTS in the store HERE!!! and these come in an amazing array of gorgeous colors...  I had the Blue Ribbon color which is such a fresh blue..

I added some Blue Fern chipboard which I painted with black gesso around my page as well as die cutting a frame.


I decided to use the Enamel Accents to add some dots for extra color and dimension...

I love the added interest the bright pops of blue add to my chipboard..

The dots stayed lovely and plump and raised... I love the look of them!!!

and my completed page..

Dream..
What creative fun you can have with Lindys Magicals and Enamel Accents...  Check them out in the store Magicals... Here.... and Enamel Accents ...Here...
Other products I used on my layout from my own supplies was the Chipboard, die cuts, plasterers tape, Dusty Attic flowers, cardstock and Kaisercraft words..

The second layout I would like to share with you was created using a little pot of color from COLOR BLAST which you have to add water to and mix to activate the color... The color I received was a pretty green called Envy..

I decided to try using a thick paint brush and make sweeping strokes across my page making the color go from a lighter shade to a darker shade by going over the place I wanted it darker over and over.. I really like how the paint went on my page, I did not use gesso and the color just sat on the cardstock..

some closer views..


The top of my page with the paint lightly sweeping across the page..

The bottom of the page where I intensified the color.. A simple little bit of stencilling to add some texture..
and my layout.

Memories..
This was the first time I have used the Color Blast Shimmer pot and I must say I love the way it goes on the cardstock and it leaves such a pretty sheen too... Simply leave the lid off for the pot to air dry and once dry then pop the lid back on and it will be ready to be charged up for the next time...
Other supplies I have used for this layout include white cardstock, Kaisercraft Papers Wildflower collection, memory box die, Heidi Swapp stencil, modeling paste.  Color Blast have an amazing range of products which you can check out in the Store HERE!!!

Thank you for coming by and I hope you enjoyed viewing my layouts as much as I enjoyed creating them... Remember to pop  the code LC5 for your discount on your order from the SHOP!!!!

Until next time,
Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your mixed media on these layouts, the first one reallh took my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these pages Lizzy!! Brilliant background on the first page .. love the colour and the effect of the magicals! The second page is fabulous too .. gorgeous colour!! Brilliant works!! x

    ReplyDelete