Monday 12 June 2017

Magical See Through Card and June Challenge

Hello everybody! It's Donna here, and I'm very happy to be sharing two projects with you today. 


This month, I had the excitement of playing with some of the mixed media products that are for sale in the Shop and Crop store. I have made a card project that features two of these products: Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Powders ( I had 'hag's wart orange' to play with) and Stāzon Studio Glaze (The colour I had was 'St Valentine') 
I have made a card to showcase these products. I loved how they both behaved, but was particularly enamoured with the Magical Powder. The colour was so vibrant that I used the tip of a pin to apply as little as was needed. I think it will last forever! Just look at the beautiful variation of colour that I got from just the one colour (Yes, that is one colour only on the watercolour panels!)

Here's what I discovered:
  • Studio Glaze - This product goes on opaque, but dries transparent. It worked well on both paper and acetate. It made beautiful circles, which could be made on plastic and then peeled off and applied to projects with a little glue. It would also be perfect for stained glass projects or elements.
  • Magical Powders - This powder was a treat to play with. There are so many colours in the one pot, that they give a wonderful variation, as seen in the card I made. By adding more water and mixing more, I could have also made a much more uniform colour. The powder has a subtle but gorgeous shimmer to it that was almost impossible to catch on camera. You can see it a little in the top left of the picture above. 
Don't forget that you can get $5 off your order at Shop and Crop with the code DL5, so this might be a good opportunity to pick up some of these products to play with. 



This card was made in sections which I stuck together once they were all dry. 
If you're interested to see how I made the card, there is a video up on the Shop and Crop Youtube channel that takes you through the steps. 

See the video here





Now, onto the next adventure....


Isn't this month's Shop and Crop challenge gorgeous? I've really enjoyed working with this sketch to produce a card. 


As you can see, I have reversed the sketch, and changed the dimensions to fit a card, but I loved the whimsical and flowing nature of the sketch, and have tried to represent this in my take on the challenge. I've used stamping, die cuts, hand coloured paper, gold and white embossing, and some paint spatters for good measure. Are you planning to enter this month? I encourage you to have a go. Just upload a photo of your finished project in Shop and Crop's "Inside Inspiration" Facebook page. 


 Here's a close up of some of the detail.




If you have enjoyed these cards, and would like to see more of my work, feel free to visit my Instagram page.

Until next time, happy crafting. 









1 comment: